Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Asos.com Plunge

I have yet to order anything from Asos online, but I think now is the time I try 'em out. 

While looking for the perfect skirts for a post I am working on, I saw the perfect black sequin mini skirt (sucker for sequins over here) from Haute Hippie. Moments later, a yellow and black Diane von Furstenberg mini caught my attention. So I  clicked and saved and moved on to Asos.com. 

I was surprised to find extremely similar skirts to the high priced ones I'd just saved; a yellow and black mini and a basic black sequin mini. Ultra shocking was the fact that the DVF yellow/black diddy was a rarity to me; not a common color combo this time of year. Goes to show ya, research pays off!

I don't "believe" in knocking off styles, however, a piece that I consider a "fun trend" is sometimes not worth the splurge, and I'd rather spend on a classic or staple. Skirts to me come and go, the styles are always changing and I'd rather have dozens at a good price then one or two with a steep price tag.

To be fair, the quality is better on most designer labels, and I would rather find the Haute Hippie skirt at Nordstrom Rack (Haute Hippie always pops up at the Rack) and still pay a little more than the lower quality made Asos skirt, but I finally have a chance to take the plunge and order from Asos.com

Note: The styles shown with the skirts from Asos are not up my alley, but worn correctly (as I will be discussing in my upcoming post about sweaters and minis) these WAY less expensive options could work, and not look so trashy...



 


Please share with me if you have ordered from Asos.com or know more about 'em....

3 comments: